|November 20, 2012 - November 25, 2012|
|Location:||North Bay, ON (Canada)|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefit Package Available|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Clerk performs general payroll duties and ensures all employees are paid on time and accurately. The Payroll Clerk is a key point of contact for employees with questions or concerns regarding their pay cheque, communicating with employees to clarify or resolve issues, and make necessary corrections in the JD Edwards (JDE) system. |
- Calculate total hours from timesheets and enter daily totals by job into Excel control sheet.
- Enter time into timesheet system and upload time from timesheet system to JDE.
- Balance JDE hours to Excel control sheet.
- Run overtime and statutory holidays in JDE.
- Run bonus contract summary for bonus calculation.
- Create production bonus upload file and upload to JDE. Generate bonus listing and verify accuracy.
- Calculate and enter any adjustments (eg. bonus, rate changes, accommodation changes, and late reporting).
- Process payroll in JDE and balance payroll journal entry.
- Calculate the source deductions, balance and prepare cheque requisition for submittal of cheque to government (CPP, EI, Income Tax).
- Remittances: Calculate EHT and MHT, complete required forms for government, obtain approval, create cheque requisition and submit to Accounts Payable.
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for personnel filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some college, technical training, or diploma in business accounting preferred, but not required.
- Enrolment in an accounting designation would be an asset.
- 1 - 3 years accounting/administrative/clerical work related experience preferred.
- Experience in Mining Industry is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of JD Edwards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage confidential communications and information.
- Able to work under time constraints and adhere to deadlines.
- Manage multiple tasks, establish priorities.
- Superior keyboarding skills and accuracy with attention to detail.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.