Engineering Document Management Specialist
|February 01, 2013 - February 17, 2013|
|Location:||North Bay, ON (Canada)|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package Available|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under the direction of the Engineering Projects Delivery Manager (EPDM), the Engineering Document Management Specialist is responsible for supporting, maintaining and controlling all of Cementation Canada’s Engineering managed documents in conjunction and collaboration with all Cementation North and South American Engineering offices. This role demands a high degree of project responsibility and accountability.|
- Develop and maintain all standard Engineering documents (CAN and US) and associated workflows.
- Work with in the Cementation ISO quality System frame work with respect to document management and process workflows.
- Maintain and improve the Engineering Document Management System (EDMS) for internal and external clients in conjunction and collaboration with all Cementation North and South American Engineering offices.
- Set-up projects and manage permissions and securities for the Engineering Document Management System.
- Maintain and track all Engineering related documents and perform regular audits to ensure consistency.
- Work with the EPDM to develop and maintain an Engineering SharePoint Site that will meet the growing needs of the Cementation North and South American Engineering Offices.
- Maintain and improve training resources for rollout to the Engineering team and other relevant Cementation groups.
- Review and provide recommendations for improvements to all systems, hardware, and software associated with document management and document management workflows.
- Other duties as required.
- Engineering Degree or Certified Engineering Technologist equivalent.
- Other relevant educational backgrounds will be considered.
- 10 – 15 years industry experience in engineering design, procurement, and production related experience.
- Document Management Systems experience with exposure to mining related underground construction.
- IT Network Administration experience considered an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal clients, key business partners, and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work under time constraints, manage multiple tasks, establish priorities, and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to persuade others.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Knowledge of commercial teams and conditions in a contracting environment.
- Must be available for travel to various sites throughout Cementation and hold a valid passport.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.